Recipe: Honey Spice Ham Kebabs
This is a great way to turn holiday ham leftovers into an easy and refreshing weeknight meal.
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar & Spice Honey Ham Rub
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 to 2 1/2 lbs. thick ham steak or small cooked ham, cut into 1 to 2-inch cubes
- 1 pineapple, trimmed and cut into 1 to 2-inch cubes
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 to 2-inch chunks
- 6 to 8 Bamboo Skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 min.
Preheat grill to medium-high. In a large bowl, whisk ham rub with apple juice, honey, and soy sauce. Add ham cubes and toss to coat. Thread ham onto skewers, alternating with pineapple and bell pepper pieces. Transfer whatever remaining marinade is left in the bowl to a small saucepan. Bring to a low simmer for about 5 min. or until sauce thickens slightly into a glaze-like consistency. Remove from heat and set aside. Meanwhile, grill the skewers just long enough to get grill marks on the meat and to warm everything through. Remove skewers from grill and brush ham pieces with the glaze. Serve warm.
Serve with a green salad and/or rice to make it a meal.