Hot Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
Active Prep: 5 min
Cook: 2 min
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 (10 oz.) bag marshmallows
- 1 cup choice of hot chocolate mix:
- Classic Hot Chocolate
- Cinnamon Spiced Hot Chocolate
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. mini chocolate chips (optional)
Add all Savory items to cart
This recipe was adapted from the original Rice Krispies Treats recipe. It is a sticky, dense mixture but if you looker "gooier" treats, try adding an additional 1 Tbsp. butter and 1 to 2 cups marshmallows to your inital mixture.
Combine butter, bag of marshmallows, and hot chocolate mix in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between, until marshmallows and butter are melted. Stir in cereal until mixture is well coated. Transfer to an 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper. Top with mini marshmallows and chocolate chips if using. Let set for at least 30 min. before slicing and serving.
Adapted from RiceKrispies.com