Hot Pepper Vinegar Pickled Slaw Recipe
2 to 3 cups slaw
- 1/4 head cabbage, sliced thin (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 carrot, peeled and shaved into strips with a vegetable peeler
- 1/4 cup Hot Pepper Vinegar Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Mexican Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Salt & Pepper Tableside Seasoning
Add all Savory items to cart
Combine cabbage and onion in a medium bowl. Roughly chop carrot strips and add to bowl. Add Hot Pepper Vinegar and spices. Toss to thoroughly coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours before serving. Toss slaw every half hour or so to keep all the veggies coated in dressing. The slaw will wilt into a tangy, quick-pickled salad. Use within a few days.
Perfect for street style tacos. Use as a topping for your favorite BBQ sandwich.
Savory Spice Test Kitchen