Recipe: J.R.s 3 Bean Chuck Eye Chili
The winning recipe from our Portland-Sellwood shop's 6th annual chili cook-off in 2018.
- 3 lbs. ground beef chuck
- 1 (16 oz.) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 oz.) can red beans, drained
- 1 (16 oz.) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (7 oz.) cans green chiles, diced
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups jalapenos, diced with seeds
- 1 cup sweet mini peppers, diced with seeds
- 1/3 cup fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh onion, minced
- 4 Tbsp. Medium Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Organic Ground Cumin Seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Coarse Black Malabar Pepper
This is a medium to medium spicy chili and can be adjusted by using fewer jalapenos or using Mild Chili Powder.
In a large skillet, cook chuck eye until browned, drain and add to slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients, set slow cooker to low, and cook for 4 hours.
Serve with shredded sharp cheddar & pepper jack cheese.