Jane’s Grill Packets Recipe
Active Prep: 10 min
Cook: 20 min
- Heavy duty aluminum foil
- 12 to 16 oz. cooked/smoked turkey sausage links, sliced thick*
- 4 to 8 small red potatoes, halved
- 1 to 2 ears corn, shucked and cut into 1- to 2-inch rounds
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 onion, sliced thick
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 to 8 tsp. choice of seasoning:
- Red Cloud Peak Seasoning
- Family Style Fajita Seasoning
- County Clare Seasoning Salt
- Pikes Peak Butchers Rub
Add all Savory items to cart
*Use a mild-flavored sausage that’s already cooked/smoked so it only needs to heat through on the grill. Sweet Italian turkey sausage and smoked Andouille turkey sausage work well.
Preheat grill to medium-high. Tear off 4 pieces of foil, about 12-inches long each, and lay them flat on a work surface. Divide sausage and veggies evenly to make a pile on each piece of foil. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. oil and 1 to 2 tsp. seasoning of choice over each pile and toss to coat. Bring two sides of the foil together and roll tightly to seal. Roll the remaining sides of foil closed to seal. You should end up with 4, well-sealed foil packets. Set packets on grill, close lid, and cook for 15 to 20 min., turning packets over every 5 min. for even cooking. Remove one packet from the grill and carefully open it to test doneness; packets are done when potatoes are easily pierced with a knife.
Recipe author Jane says her family eats the finished dish right out of the foil packets. Makes a great camping meal.
Jane, 15-year-old customer and spice lover in Denver, CO