Recipe: Korean Beef & Broccoli Bowl
Very easy dish that is quick enough to be a weeknight meal... but tasty enough that you'll want it every night!
- 1 cup white rice*
- 2 Tbsp. Freeze-Dried Shallots*
- 1/2 tsp. Dehydrated Minced Garlic*
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. Gochujang Korean Chili Sauce, plus more for garnish
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Organic Ground Ginger
- 1 Tbsp. coconut (or vegetable) oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cups minced broccoli florets and stems (about 1 small head broccoli)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 tsp. Toasted White Sesame Seeds
*Use your favorite rice or grain in this dish. Freeze-dried shallots can be replaced with 1/4 cup fresh minced, and Dehydrated Minced Garlic can be replaced with 4 fresh cloves, minced.
Begin cooking rice according to package directions. While rice cooks, mix shallots and garlic in a small bowl and cover with 1/4 cup water and let rehydrate while you prep remaining ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix soy sauce with Gochujang, sesame oil, brown sugar, and ginger. Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 5 min., stirring often to crumble beef. When beef is almost browned, stir in shallot and garlic mixture (along with the soaking water). Cook for 2 more min. Stir in broccoli, season with salt & pepper to taste, and cook for 2 more min. Reduce heat to medium and stir in sauce. Cook for 2 more min. and remove from heat. Spoon over cooked rice and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.