Recipe: Leah's Famous Taco Salad Dip
The ultimate party food, using two crowd pleasers: Taco Seasoning and Red Bell Ranch! Take this to your next summer barbecue, potluck, or game day celebration.
- 1 Red Bell Ranch Spice n Easy Mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 4 Tbsp. Taco Seasoning
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes & green chiles, drained
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 head romaine or iceburg lettuce, finely chopped
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 (8 oz.) bag shredded cheddar or Mexican style blend cheese
- 1 (2.25 oz.) can sliced black olives, drained
- Tortilla chips, to serve
This recipe is part of a collaboration we did with Leah from the Denver chapter of the Housewives in the City blog.
Stir together Red Bell Ranch mix, sour cream, and milk. Set aside until ready to use. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef for 3 to 4 min. stirring often. Add Taco Seasoning, canned tomatoes & green chiles, and diced green chiles. Cook for 2 to 3 more min., or until beef is cooked through. Drain mixture if necessary. Transfer ground beef mix to a 9x13 dish and let cool for about 10 min. Evenly spread Red Bell Ranch over beef, then layer on lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and sliced olives. Serve with a big bag of tortilla chips.