Recipe: Lemon Dill Orzo with Paprika-Crusted Chicken
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 5 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp. Coarse Black Malabar Pepper
- 1 lb. orzo pasta
- 8 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Dill Weed
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen baby spinach
- Grated zest and juice of 2 large lemons
- 2 to 2½ pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp. Cantanzaro Herbs
- 2 Tbsp. Hungarian Sweet & Spicy Paprika*
*Use Smoked Spanish Sweet Paprika if you do not want any heat.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a saucepan, bring broth, 2½ Tbsp. of the butter, salt, and pepper to a boil. Add spinach to boiling broth (if using fresh, add a handful at a time and let wilt before adding more). In a 3-quart baking dish, mix orzo, feta, dill, and lemon juice. Pour broth mixture over orzo and stir to incorporate.
Mix breadcrumbs, lemon zest, 1/2 cup Parmesan, and remaining spices. Coat chicken thighs with remaining 2½ Tbsp. melted butter and roll chicken thighs in the breadcrumb mixture. Lay pieces evenly on top of the orzo mixture in the the baking dish.
Bake until orzo is tender and cooking liquid is creamy, 35 to 40 min. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan on top and bake 10 min. longer or until the top is golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 to 10 min. before serving.