Master Mustard Recipe
Active Prep: 10 min
- 1 oz. Crushed Brown Mustard Seeds
- 2 1/2 oz. Mild Yellow Mustard Powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. Hickory Smoked Sea Salt
Add all Savory items to cart
This recipe can easily be doubled. Try out some of these flavor variations to add your own spin on this mustard:
• Honey Mustard: Add 1 oz. honey powder. (May need to add more water for desired consistency.)
• Garlic Pale Ale: Replace vinegar with 4 oz. of your favorite pale ale beer and add 1/4 tsp. roasted granulated garlic.
Mix mustard seeds, mustard powder, and water together. Let mixture sit for 30 min. Add vinegar and salt and mix well. Mustard will be spicy. Let it sit in a cool, dark place for 24 to 72 hours; the longer it sits, the milder it will get. Once at desired heat level, refrigerate. It will last several months in a sealed jar in the refrigerator.
Laura Shute, Savory Spice—Costa Mesa, CA owner