Recipe: Memphis Meat & Cheese
This barbecue version of a charcuterie plate can be found on many Memphis BBQ joint menus. It couldn't be easier to pull together...just grab your favorite smoked sausage and pair it with cheese, crackers, and your favorite BBQ sauce for dipping.
- 1 to 2 lbs. smoked sausage and/or bologna, sliced and grilled*
- ¼ to ½ lb. cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 sleeve of saltine crackers
- 1 Tbsp. Memphis BBQ Rub for sprinkling
- Favorite barbecue sauce for dipping
*Use a mix of your favorite smoked sausages or bologna.
Arrange sausages, cheese and saltines in a basket or on a plate. Sprinkle everything with a dusting of BBQ rub. Serve with toothpicks and a side of sauce for dipping.
Serve alongside a Memphis style BBQ meal of ribs, rib tips, mustard slaw, and creamy deviled eggs.