Recipe: Mt. Olympus Spiced Tzatziki Sauce
This sauce has a strong garlic flavor that is perfect for pairing with Greek or Middle Eastern dishes.
- 1 cup plain yogurt*
- 2 Tbsp. buttermilk or milk (optional)*
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and minced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Mt. Olympus Greek Style Seasoning
*Use Greek yogurt for a thicker, more authentic option; avoid low-fat or fat-free yogurts. To make a dairy-free version use a dairy-free yogurt and milk alternative. Adding buttermilk or milk yields a thinner, dressing-like sauce.
For a vegan version:
- Substitute yogurt and milk with dairy-free products.
Combine all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Can be served immediately, but flavors are even better if sauce is chilled in the fridge for an hour or so.