Recipe: Pomegranate Smack
Sweet honey powder and tart pomegranate molasses perfectly balance to make this tasty cocktail.
- 1 Tbsp Pomegranate Molasses, plus more for the rim of your glass
- 1 Tbsp. Honey Powder, plus more for the rim of your glass
- 3 oz. vodka, bourbon, or moonshine
- 1/2 oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice*
- Splash of club soda (optional)
- Small handful of ice
*If you'd like to garnish your cocktail with a twist, make sure to create them before juicing your lemon. This recipe was adapted from Matt Skeel, the bar manager at Serafina in Seattle.
Smear the rim of your glass with pomegranate molasses and dip into honey powder. In a cocktail shaker, shake molasses, honey powder, vodka (or alcohol of choice), and lemon juice until well blended. Add in ice and shake until chilled. Strain into rimmed glass, top with club soda (if using), and garnish with a lemon twist if desired.