Pork Steaks & Grilled Farmers Market Salad Recipe
Active Prep: 10 min
Cook: 25 min
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, packed
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, packed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp. Country Onion Herb Veggie Shaker
- 4 1-inch slices sourdough bread
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium yellow squash, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium leek, halved lengthwise and dark green ends trimmed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 apple, cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups arugula
- 4 (8 to 12 oz.) thin, bone-in pork shoulder steaks
- 2 Tbsp. Georgia Boys All-Purpose BBQ Rub, plus more to taste
Add all Savory items to cart
Vegetarian: Replace pork steaks with 2 (12 to 16 oz.) blocks of extra-firm tofu sliced in half lengthwise, or 4 (8 oz.) packages of tempeh, and follow the same seasoning and grilling directions as the pork.
Vegan: Follow vegetarian substitutions and use a vegan butter substitute.
Gluten-free: Use gluten-free bread.
For dressing: In a food processor, pulse all ingredients together until combined but still coarse. Adjust with additional salt & pepper if needed, to taste.
For salad: Preheat grill and oil grates. Mix butter with Country Onion Herb Veggie Shaker. Generously butter both sides of bread slices with seasoned butter. Grill bread for 2 min. per side, or until toasted with nice grill marks. Let cool, then cut into 1-inch cubes. Meanwhile, brush zucchini, yellow squash, and leek with olive oil and grill for 2 to 3 min. per side, or until nicely charred. Cut veggies into thick slices and toss with bread cubes. Add apple and arugula. Drizzle half the dressing over salad and toss.
For steaks: Keep grill heated and oil grates again. Season each pork steak liberally with Georgia Boys All-Purpose BBQ Rub. Grill steaks around the outside edge of the coals (or heat source) for 6 to 8 min. per side, or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. Remove from grill and serve alongside salad, drizzled with remaining dressing.
Savory Spice Test Kitchen