Pork Steaks & Grilled Farmers Market Salad Recipe
Prep: 10 min.
Cook: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh mint
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Half loaf sourdough bread, sliced 1-inch thick
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp. County Clare Seasoning Salt
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 medium leek, sliced in half lengthwise and dark green ends trimmed
- 1 Honeycrisp apple (or other sweet apple), sliced thin
- 2 cups arugula
- 4 (8 to 12 oz.) thin, bone-in pork shoulder steaks
- 2 Tbsp. (or more) Georgia Boys All-Purpose BBQ Rub
This recipe is featured in Spice Club, Savory's spice-of-the-month club. Here are some substitution options:
- Vegetarian: Replace pork steaks with 2 (12 to 16 oz.) blocks of extra-firm tofu sliced in half lengthwise, or 4 (8 oz.) packages of tempeh, and follow the same seasoning and grilling directions as the pork.
- Vegan: Follow vegetarian substitutions and use a vegan butter substitute.
- Gluten-free: Use gluten-free bread.
For dressing: Pulse all ingredients except salt & pepper together in a food processor until combined but still a bit coarse. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
For salad: Preheat grill and oil grates. Mix 1 tsp. County Clare into butter. Generously butter both sides of bread slices with seasoned butter. Grill bread for about 2 min. per side, or until toasted with nice grill marks. Let cool, then cut into 1-inch cubes. Meanwhile, brush veggies with oil and grill for 2 to 3 min. per side until nicely charred but not completely cooked through. Cut veggies into thick slices and toss with bread cubes and remaining 1 tsp. County Clare. Add apple slices and arugula. Drizzle half the dressing over salad and toss.
For steaks: Keep grill heated and oil grates again. Season each pork steak liberally with BBQ rub. Grill steaks around the outside edge of the coals (or heat source) for about 7 min. on each side. Rotate them 180 degrees about halfway through cooking on each side so they cook evenly. Remove from grill and serve alongside salad, drizzled with a bit of the remaining dressing.
Savory Spice Test Kitchen