Pumpkin Granola Pancakes Recipe
4 to 6 servings
Active Prep: 10 min
Cook: 30 min
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil (or butter)
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp. Supreme Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 (13.3 oz.) can coconut milk (or 1 1/2 cups whole milk)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 Tbsp. melted coconut oil (or butter), plus more for skillet
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup granola, plus more to serve
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish (optional)
Add all Savory items to cart
Vegan: Use a butter substitute and coconut milk.
Gluten-free: Use gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats and gluten-free all-purpose flour.
For granola: In a large skillet, combine oats and almonds. Toast over medium heat for about 5 min., stirring constantly, until golden and fragrant. Make a well in the center of the oat mixture and add coconut oil and maple syrup. Once oil melts, stir to coat oat mixture. Stir in Supreme Saigon Cinnamon and salt. Remove from heat and stir in coconut flakes. Let granola cool in skillet.
For pancakes: Stir vinegar into coconut milk and let sit for 5 min. to create a mock buttermilk. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir flour, Pumpkin Pie Spice, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together. Add pumpkin puree, coconut oil, maple syrup, and reserved coconut buttermilk to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in 1/2 cup granola. Heat more coconut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour in 1/4-cup scoops of pancake batter and cook, in batches, for about 5 min. per side until golden brown. Serve pancakes topped with more granola, pomegranate seeds, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Ashlee Redger, Savory Spice Test Kitchen