Recipe: Pumpkin Spice Latte
Is there any better holiday season trend? This seasonal DIY latte takes no time to whip up, and it makes an impressive morning coffee service for your holiday house guests... Just make sure you make enough for yourself!
For latte base:
- 1/4 cup pureed pumpkin (fresh or from a can)
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 cups milk (regular or non-dairy alternative)
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- Whipped cream (optional)
For maple flavor:
- 1/8 tsp. Fine White Sarawak Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Sugar (or more to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. Natural Maple Extract
For vanilla flavor:
- 1/8 tsp. Fine Black Malabar Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Vanilla Bean Sugar (or more to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
Mix pumpkin, Pumpkin Pie Spice, and pepper of choice in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly for 1 to 2 min. until fragrant. Stir in sugar of choice until combined. Stir in milk and extract cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until hot and just starting to bubble around the sides. Remove from heat and use an immersion blender or stand blender to blend latte base until frothy. Pour into mugs and stir in coffee. Sweeten to taste with more sugar of choice if desired. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of Pumpkin Pie Spice if desired.
The flavored latte base can be made ahead and refrigerated, just don't add the coffee. When ready to serve, reheat on the stovetop over medium heat then blend until frothy. Pour into a mug with hot coffee and enjoy.