Recipe: Pumpkin Turkey Chili
This spicy chili will warm your soul and give you a reason to use canned pumpkin in something else besides pumpkin pie.
- 2 Tbsp. Hatch Green Chile Powder, divided
- 2 Tbsp. Ground Aji Amarillo Chiles, divided
- 2 tsp. Onion & Garlic Tableside Sprinkle, divided
- 2 tsp. Salt & Pepper Tableside Seasoning, divided
- 1 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper, divided
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can great northern white beans, drained
- 1/2 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 8 oz. salsa verde
- Optional garnish: fresh cilantro, sour cream, pumpkin seeds
Mix half the amount of each spice and seasoning with the diced green chiles and ground turkey until well combined. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add seasoned ground turkey mixture and cook until browned and cooked through. Add broth, beans, pumpkin puree, salsa verde, and remaining half of the spices to the pot. Mix well and simmer with the lid on for about 30 min.
Serve garnished with fresh cilantro, sour cream, and pumpkin seeds if desired. Delicious with our Savory Spice Shop Corn Bread.