Queen City Pimento Cheese Recipe
About 2 cups
- 10 oz. shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 oz.) jar pimento peppers, diced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. Black River Creole
- 1 tsp. Roasted Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Ghost Pepper Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Regular Yellow Mustard Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Fine Black Malabar Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Freeze Dried Chives
This recipe makes a smooth pimento cheese. If you want it to be a little more chunky, only use 1/2 cup mayonnaise and mash all the ingredients together with a fork instead of using a food processor.
Add all ingredients except chives to a food processor and blend everything until smooth. Once smooth, mix in chives with a spatula until completely incorporated. Transfer to a sealed container and let sit for at least 2 hours before serving.
Makes a great addition to loaded cheese fries, brisket sandwiches, or stuffed peppers. Warm it up to make a cheese dip, or just serve it cold as a cracker spread.THANKS TO
Abbey Cochran, Savory Spice—South End/Charlotte, NC