Recipe: Queen City Pimento Cheese
One of our Charlotte, NC (a.k.a. the Queen City) spice merchants submitted this recipe for everybody's favorite southern cheese spread. She gives her version a slight twist by adding Ghost Pepper Salt. Don't be scared of the spicy salt; it adds just right kick of heat to the sharp cheese and tangy seasonings.
- 10 oz. shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 oz.) jar pimento peppers, diced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. Black River Creole Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Roasted Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Ghost Pepper Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Regular Yellow Mustard Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Fine Black Malabar Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Freeze-Dried Chives
This recipe makes a smooth pimento cheese. If you want it to be a little more chunky, only use 1/2 cup mayonnaise and mash all the ingredients together with a fork instead of using a food processor.
Add all ingredients except chives to a food processor and blend everything until smooth. Once smooth, mix in chives with a spatula until completely incorporated. Transfer to a sealed container and let sit for at least 2 hours before serving.
Makes a great addition to loaded cheese fries, brisket sandwiches, or stuffed peppers. Warm it up to make a cheese dip, or just serve it cold as a cracker spread.