Recipe: Quick Pickled Dilly Beans
You don't have to be an expert canner to make this deliciously easy and tangy snack. Serve on a vegetable tray or add to your favorite sandwhich for a tasty crunch.
- 1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed and cut to fit into a pint size jar
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. Dill Seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Dehydrated Minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp. Dehydrated Minced Lemon Peel
- 1/8 tsp. Cracked Black Malabar Pepper
- 1/8 tsp. Jamaican Allspice Berries
Pack green beans tightly in a clean pint jar. Bring vinegar, water, salt, and spices to a boil. Simmer, stirring to dissolve salt, for 2 to 3 min. Pour hot liquid over beans, making sure to get as much seasoning as possible into the jar. Let cool to room temperature. Seal and refrigerate. Enjoy after 24 hours and use within a month.
Chop and toss into chicken or tuna salad, great as a sandwich topping, or use to garnish a Bloody Mary.