Roasted Cauliflower Soup Recipe
4 to 6 servings
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt & pepper, to season
- 2 large leeks, dark green parts discarded, rinsed and sliced
- 3 medium red potatoes, chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp. Coastal Cali Fennel Pollen Rub
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, optional
Add all Savory items to cart
Chop cauliflower into florets and place on a baking sheet. Coat with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, crushed pepper, and salt & pepper. Roast in a 400 degree oven for about 20 min., or until golden brown. Heat remaining oil in a heavy pot over medium heat. Add leeks and potatoes, season generously with salt and pepper and allow vegetables to sweat/soften for at least 10 to 15 min. Add roasted cauliflower and wine to the pot and allow wine to reduce until it’s almost gone. Add broth and bring to a soft boil. Stir in Coastal Cali and allow the soup to cook until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat and use a blender or immersion blender to puree the soup completely. When blended, add 1/2 cup heavy cream (if using) and stir to incorporate. Add more seasoning or salt & pepper as needed.
Serve with a drizzle of cream, a dollop of sour cream or yogurt, and/or a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
Christina Hernandez, www.littleladybigappetite.com