Roasted Pear & Pineapple Summer Salsa Recipe
Active Prep: 10 min
Cook: 5 min
- 6 ripe pears, peeled, cut into halves and seeded*
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced*
- 1 cup small diced red or green bell peppers (or a mix of both)
- 6 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. La Plata Peak Adobo Spice
- 3 1/2 oz. 1/4 to 1/2 (7 oz.) can Chipotle Chiles in Adobo Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. minced dried mango
- 1 Tbsp. Cubed Crystallized Ginger
Add all Savory items to cart
*Instead of 6 fresh pears, you can use 2 (15 oz.) cans of halved pears, drained. Instead of 1/4 fresh pineapple, you can use 1 (15 oz.) can pineapple slices, drained.
Preheat broiler. Place pears and pineapple on a baking sheet lined with foil. Broil for 4 to 5 min. per side then set aside to cool. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine bell peppers, lime juice and La Plata. Mince chipotle chiles from adobo sauce and add both chiles and sauce to bowl. (For more heat, use a 1/2 can of chipotle in adobo; to ease up a bit, use 1/4 can.) Add remaining ingredients and stir lightly. Coarsely dice roasted pears and pineapple and gently fold into salsa. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve with chips or as a topping for fish, pork or chicken.
Mike Johnston, Savory Spice founder