Sage & Savory Sweet Potato Bisque Recipe
4 to 5 cups
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 1/2 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups chicken (or vegetable) stock
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 tsp. Poultry Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. Sel Marin de Guerande Grey Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Fine White Sarawak Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Jamaican Allspice
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Chile Powder
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add all Savory items to cart
We used yellow sweet potatoes in this recipe. For a brighter orange color and slightly sweeter flavor, use garnet yams.
Heat butter and oil together in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Once the butter foams, add onion and garlic and saute until soft, 3 to 4 min. Add corn and cook for 1 more min. Add sweet potatoes, chicken stock, apple juice, Poultry Seasoning, salt, pepper, allspice, and cayenne. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are fork tender, about 20 min. Use an immersion blender to puree the bisque until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste, then stir in heavy cream. Rewarm over low heat before serving.
Serve topped with our Sage & Savory Croutons.