Salt Plate Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw Recipe
About 8 servings
Active Prep: 15 min
Cook: 5 min
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Mayan Sea Salt
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 cups shredded green cabbage (or a pre-shredded bag of cabbage)
- 3/4 cup Cotija cheese
- 2 lbs. shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 4 Tbsp. choice of seasoning:
- Cajun Blackening
- Peruvian Chile Lime Seasoning
- El Diente Southwestern Seasoning
- Bamboo Skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 min.
- Himalayan Salt Plate
- 16 small corn or flour tortillas
- Lime wedges for serving
Add all Savory items to cart
For slaw: Place everything except sour cream, cabbage and cheese in a food processor. Pulse to combine. When mostly smooth, add sour cream and pulse until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. In a large bowl, toss dressing with cabbage and cheese. Set aside while you prepare shrimp.
For shrimp: Preheat the salt plate in the oven or on the grill to at least 450 degrees. Toss shrimp with choice of seasoning and thread shrimp onto skewers; it’s easier to cook shrimp on the brick if they are skewered. When salt plate is ready, set shrimp skewers on the plate and bake for 2 minutes per side. Remove skewers from salt plate and let shrimp cool.
To serve: Divide shrimp among the tortillas and top each with slaw.
To make this into an appetizer, put all your ingredients into mini tortilla chip bowls (often called scoops).
Jessica Lutz, Personal Chef at Saucy Spoon Cooking