Santa Maria Smoked Chicken Seasoning Recipe
About 2 cups
- 6 Tbsp. Hungarian Sweet & Spicy Paprika
- 3 Tbsp. Medium Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Cayenne Chile Powder
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. Ground Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 1/2 tsp. raw or granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 3 Tbsp. Granulated Onion
- 6 Tbsp. Coarse Black Malabar Pepper
Add all Savory items to cart
This mix will make enough for more than 2 chickens, but also works great on tri-tip roasts or ribs. While there is no salt in this recipe, you can add it if desired.
Combine all ingredients and whisk together or place in a jar and shake. To use on chicken, set your smoker to 250 degrees and add apple wood chips. Clean your chicken(s) and tie the legs and wings. Sprinkle the inside and the outside of the chickens and smoke for about 5 hours, or until inner temperature reaches 165 degees. Remove and let rest for 15 to 20 min.
Author's note: "Serve with rosemary potatoes and BBQ beans."THANKS TO
William Falk II