Recipe: Sausage, White Bean & Spinach Soup
This soup has layers of flavor. Perfectly warm and filling meal for a chilly day!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Santa Maria Sea Salted BBQ Rub
- 1 Tbsp. Parsley
- 1 tsp. Greek Oregano
- 1 tsp. European Basil
- 1/2 tsp. Cantanzaro Herbs
- 1/4 tsp. Crushed Aleppo Chiles
- 1/4 tsp. Poultry Seasoning
- 1 lb. breakfast sausage
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 quart reduced sodium chicken stock
- 3 (15 oz.) cans white Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 oz.) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 10 oz. spinach
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
Charlotte, NC spice merchant Abbey Cochran adapted this recipe from her friend Kim Tomlinson’s recipe.
In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, Gourmet Santa Maria, parsley, oregano, basil, Cantanzaro Herbs, chiles, and Sage & Savory; set aside. In a Dutch oven or similar pot, brown the sausage over medium heat. Once sausage is almost cooked through, add onion and continue cooking for another 5 min., or until onion begins to soften. Add garlic and cook for 1 more min. Add chicken stock, cannellini beans, tomatoes in their juice, and reserved spice mixture. Stir everything together and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 min., stirring occasionally. Right before serving, stir in spinach and cook for another 5 min. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.