Slow Cooker Cuban Island Pork Recipe
6 to 8 servings
Active Prep: 10 min
Cook: 8 hours
- 2 lbs. pork loin roast, cut into 1/2- to 1-inch cubes
- salt and pepper
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (30 oz.) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (4 oz.) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles, drained
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice (or 1 can V8® or similar)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup light or dark rum (optional)*
- 1 Tbsp. Liquid Tamarind Paste Concentrate
- 3 Tbsp. Cuban Island Spice
Add all Savory items to cart
*If you don’t have rum on hand, double the orange juice to 1/2 cup.
We made this recipe in a 6-quart slow cooker.
Season cubed pork with generous pinches of salt and pepper and set aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients. Place all ingredients, including seasoned pork, in a slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours until pork is fork tender. Serve warm.
Serve over rice with a dollop of sour cream and fresh chopped cilantro. Makes a great filling for tacos and burritos or a topping for nachos or tostadas.
Savory Spice Test Kitchen