Recipe: Slow Cooker Turkey or Chicken Stock
Don't throw away your roast turkey or chicken scraps! Turn them into an easy overnight stock with this simple recipe.
Seasoning option 1:
- 2 Tbsp. Italian Herbs
- 1 Tbsp. Four Corners Peppercorn Blend
- 3 Turkish Bay Leaves
Seasoning option 2:
- 2 Tbsp. French Style Bouquet Garni
- 1 Tbsp. Black Lampong Peppercorns
- 1 California Bay Leaf
- Bones and scraps from 1 cooked turkey or 2 cooked chickens
- 6 carrots, rinsed and cut into large chunks
- 3 stalks celery, rinsed and cut into large chunks
- 1 yellow onion, quartered but not peeled
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated but not peeled
We intentionally did not salt the stock since you’ll likely be salting whatever dish you use the stock in. You can certainly add salt to taste if desired.
Pick a seasoning option. Add seasonings and all remaining ingredients to a 6-quart slow cooker. Fill the slow cooker to the top with water so everything is covered as much as possible. Cover and cook on low for 12 hours. Strain and transfer to sealable containers. Refrigerate and use within a couple of weeks, or freeze and use with a few months.