Smoked Chicken Recipe
1 smoked chicken
Active Prep: 10 min
Cook: 5 hours
- 1 chicken (whole, spatchcocked, quartered, or cut into pieces)
- 2 to 3 tsp. Cue Glue per pound meat, optional*
- 1 Tbsp. Salt & Pepper Tableside Seasoning
- 4 to 5 Tbsp. BBQ rub of choice, such as:
- TSM BBQ Chicken Rub
- Woody Creek BBQ Seasoning
- Georgia Boys All-Purpose BBQ Rub
Add all Savory items to cart
*Savory's 'Cue Glue helps the seasoning stick to your protein and seals in moisture. Simply slather on 2 to 3 tsp. per pound on all sides of the meat then apply the seasoning.
This recipe requires a smoker.
Prepare smoker with wood of choice and heat smoker to 225 to 250 degrees. Slather chicken all over with 'Cue Glue if using before rubbing chicken with seasoning. Rub chicken generously with salt & pepper and BBQ rub of choice. Smoke chicken, keeping heat between 225 and 250 degrees, until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees. Depending on the size of the chicken (whole or pieces) the cooking time will range from 2 to 5 hours. Remove chicken from smoker, tent it with foil, and let it rest for 10 to 15 min. before slicing and serving.
Mike Johnston, Savory Spice founder