Recipe: Smoked Turkey Breast
Whether you're cooking for a barbecue or a holiday feast, adding smoked turkey breast to the mix is an instant crowd pleaser. We have a nifty cooking tip too: tuck the thin tip of the turkey breast underneath the meatiest part of the breast so it cooks evenly and stays moist throughout.
- 1 (3 to 5 lb.) boneless turkey breast
- 8 oz. Brining Mix, optional*
- 6 to 15 tsp. Cue Glue (2 to 3 tsp. per pound meat), optional*
- 1 Tbsp. Salt & Pepper Tableside Seasoning
- 3 to 5 tsp. (1 tsp. per pound meat) choice of seasoning:
- Tiny Town Turkey Rub
- Gold Coast Tropical Poultry Rub
- Gourmet Santa Maria Sea Salted BBQ Rub
- Woody Creek BBQ Seasoning
Try it with one of our Small Batch BBQ Sauces:
- Alabama White Barbecue Sauce
- Woody’s Sweet & Tangy Barbecue Sauce
*For juicier turkey, brine the breast for 1 hour per pound before smoking it; use our Brining Mix and follow the easy brining instructions. Savory’s ‘Cue Glue helps BBQ seasoning stick better to smoked and grilled proteins and seal in flavor.
If brining, prepare brine using Brining Mix instructions and brine turkey breast for 1 hour per pound in the refrigerator. Pat turkey breast dry and coat with ‘Cue Glue if using. Sprinkle all sides with salt & pepper then choice of seasoning. Tip: Fold the thin tip of the turkey breast under the meatiest part of the breast to make the breast into a uniform size; this will help it cook more evenly. Prepare smoker with wood of choice and heat to a temperature of 225 to 250 degrees. Place turkey breast in the smoker and smoke until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the breast reaches 165 degrees; about 3 to 4 hours depending on the size of the breast. Remove breast from smoker and let rest for 30 min. before slicing.