Recipe: Spicy Margherita Flatbread
Spicy Calabrian Hot Pepper Paste, fresh basil, and other delicious Italian flavors all work together in this super easy flatbread pizza!
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 pieces precooked flatbread or naan
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Onion & Garlic Tableside Sprinkle
- 1 tsp. choice of Italian seasoning:
- Pasta Sprinkle
- Italian Herbs
- Cantanzaro Herbs
- 1 (8 oz.) package fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
- 2 tsp. Calabrian Hot Pepper Paste, plus more to taste
- 2 tsp. honey, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Cut tomatoes into thin slices and lay on a plate lined with paper towels to soak up some of the liquid. Place more paper towels on top of the tomatoes as well. Set flatbreads on a baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with Onion & Garlic Tableside. Top with tomato slices, Italian seasoning of choice, then Mozzarella. Use a brush or small spoon to spread a dot of hot pepper paste over each slice of cheese. Bake for 10 min. Remove from oven and drizzle with honey and top with basil. Slice and serve with more hot pepper paste and honey for garnishing to taste.