Sugared Cardamom Pears Recipe
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Bosc pears, peeled, cored and cut into 8ths
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Inner Cardamom Seeds
- 1 tsp. Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- Cubed Crystallized Ginger for garnish
- vanilla ice cream for serving
Add all Savory items to cart
In a skillet over medium-high heat, add butter. As butter melts and begins to foam, add pears. Cook for 2 to 3 min. until pears begin to soften. Add brown sugar and stir to incorporate the sugar mixture, evenly coating the pears. Stir in salt, cardamom, and vanilla extract and gently simmer and stir until liquid becomes syrupy.
Serve over vanilla ice cream garnished with chopped crystallized ginger.
Mike Johnston, Savory Spice founder