Tangy Tomato Slaw Recipe
8 to 10 servings
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tsp. Table Mountain All-Purpose Seasoning
- 2 tsp. Celery Salt
- 1 tsp. Celery Seeds
- (or 1 tsp. Dill Weed)
- 1/2 tsp. Coarse Black Malabar Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- (or 1/2 tsp. Horseradish Powder)
- 1 medium cabbage, shredded then roughly chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- (or 4 stalks celery, sliced)
- 1/2 cup minced sweet or dill pickles
- 1 (4 oz.) jar diced pimentos
Add all Savory items to cart
For dressing: Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl and let sit at room temperature while you prepare slaw.
For slaw: Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving, tossing to redistribute dressing every 15 min. or so. This slaw is even better the next day after the flavors have time to meld. It keeps for a week or more in the refrigerator.
Delicious with chopped pork or shredded beef sandwiches. It’s a great backyard barbecue or picnic salad because it can sit out at room temperature.
Savory Spice Test Kitchen