Recipe: Tasmanian Blue Chutney
A dark, spicy, and fruity accompaniment to cheeses, meats, poultry, and fish.
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Freeze Dried Shallots or 1/4 cup minced fresh shallots
- 2 Tbsp. Cubed Crystallized Ginger
- 2 tsp. Ground Supreme Saigon Cassia Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Dehydrated Minced Lemon Peel
- 1 tsp. Dehydrated Minced Orange Peel
- 1 Tbsp. Crushed Urfa Chiles
- 1 Tbsp. Tasmanian Pepper Berries, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. Mayan Sea Salt
- 2 cups fresh mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh or dried cranberries (or cherries)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
In a medium size saucepan, combine everything but the fruits. Bring to a boil, then let simmer for 15 min. Add mangos, cranberries/cherries, and 1 cup blueberries. Let simmer for 20 min., stirring frequently. Add the remaining cup of blueberries and simmer for an additional 10 min. Let cool. Transfer to a covered container and store in the refrigerator.
Serve warm or chilled. Great with cream, goat, and other soft cheeses, with crackers, or on pitas. Serve alongside grilled cheese sandwiches, meats, poultry, and fish.