Tex Mex Restaurant Style Hot Sauce Recipe
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 oz.) can Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chiles
- 1 to 2 limes, juiced
- 1 to 2 jalapeños, deseeded and chopped
- Chopped cilantro leaves to taste (around 1/4 to 1/3 bunch)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 tsp. Ground Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp. Mayan Sea Salt
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. Granulated Onion
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Chile Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Add all Savory items to cart
From recipe author: "I drain off some of the juice from the Rotel and the tomatoes into a 2-quart container. It helps everything fit into the blender. I put the spices, cilantro, onion, and garlic in the middle of the blender between the 2 cans of tomatoes. Make sure there is no water in the pitcher or the blender, otherwise it will spoil quicker. You can use small cans of Rotel and tomatoes—just cut recipe ingredients by 1/3. This is a spicy recipe. Cut back on the jalapeños, cayenne, and red pepper if you are sensitive to spice."
Throw all ingredients in blender. Blend on high speed until you are happy with the consistency. Start by blending for about 15 seconds and then check the consistency.
Serve with chips, enchiladas, burritos, or taco salad.
Patricia Simmons, Savory Spice customer