Thai Green Chicken Curry Recipe
Active Prep: 10 min
Cook: 20 min
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Turmeric
- salt & fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. Thai Green Curry
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce*
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced eggplant, zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 1 (13.5 oz.) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 to 8 sprigs fresh cilantro or basil
Add all Savory items to cart
*For a seafood-free version, substitute 1 Tbsp. water plus 1 Tbsp. oil for the fish sauce. To compensate for the saltiness of the missing fish sauce, add 1 Tbsp. soy sauce to the final dish (not to the paste).
Toss chicken with turmeric, a pinch of salt and pepper and 1 tsp. of the Thai Green Curry. Mix remaining 2 Tbsp. Thai Green Curry with fish sauce (or water and oil) to make a paste; set aside. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 min. Add garlic and chicken and cook 5 more min. Stir in vegetables and paste. Add coconut milk and water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 min., stirring occasionally. Add cilantro or basil sprigs and continue cooking, uncovered, 5 more min.
Serve warm over rice or rice noodles.
Savory Spice Test Kitchen