Thai Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp. Red Thai Curry
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 2 (15 oz.) cans pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 6 cups vegetable or herb stock
- 2 to 3 Dried Makrut Lime Leaves
- 1 (14 oz.) can coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. fresh minced cilantro
- Chopped cilantro, to garnish
Add all Savory items to cart
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 to 6 min. In a small bowl, mix together Red Thai Curry, fish sauce, and water to make a paste. Stir paste into onions and cook for 1 min., or until fragrant. Add pumpkin puree, brown sugar and stock. Stir until combined. Bring to a boil, add lime leaves, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 min. Add coconut milk (reserving 2 to 3 Tbsp. for drizzling) and simmer for 10 more min. Remove lime leaves before serving with cilantro and a drizzle of coconut milk.
Top with cilantro and a dash of fish sauce, if desired. Make the soup a little heartier by serving it over cooked white or brown rice.