Recipe: Tri-Chips with Creamy Mustard Parmesan Dip
Gorgeous homemade tri-colored chips with a creamy and tangy mustard dip.
- 1 large beet, scrubbed
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed
- 1 medium yucca root, peeled
- peanut oil
- 2 tsp. Maldon Sea Salt (or other flaky sea salt)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. whole grain mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- Choose ONE of the following for seasoning:
- 1 tsp. Regular Yellow Mustard Powder
- 2 tsp. Bucktown Brown Mustard & Honey Rub
- 2 tsp. Bohemian Forest European Style Seasoning
For chips: Add 1 to 2 inches of oil to a large skillet or saucepan. Heat oil to 350 degrees. Slice the beet, sweet potato and yucca with a v slicer or mandolin into 1/8-inch slices. Fry each root vegetable separately and in batches. Fry sweet potato 2 to 3 min. Fry yucca 2 min. Pat beets dry and fry for 3 to 4 min. Drain each on a paper towel-lined baking sheet. Lightly sprinkle chips with sea salt when you pull them out of the frying oil.
For dip: Choose one of the seasoning options then add all ingredients to a small bowl and mix together. Refrigerate until ready to serve.