Recipe: Turkey Burger with Cilantro Pesto Coleslaw
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 1/2 tsp. Hidden Cove Lemon Garlic Blend
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups pre-shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. Coastal Cali Fennel Pollen Rub
- 1 Tbsp. prepared yellow mustard
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 hamburger buns
This recipe is featured in Spice Club, Savory’s spice of the month club. Here are substitution suggestions for adapting the recipe to different palates:
- Vegetarian/Vegan: See our recipe for Coastal Cali Bean Burger with Cilantro Pesto Coleslaw.
- Gluten-Free: Use gluten-free burger buns or serve the burgers over a bed of greens.
For coleslaw: Mix mayonnaise, cilantro, basil, Parmesan, Hidden Cove Lemon Garlic Blend, lime juice, and garlic in a food processor and blend until creamy. Toss coleslaw mix with dressing until fully coated.
For burger: Mix turkey, onion, cilantro, Coastal Cali Fennel Pollen Rub, and mustard in a bowl until just combined. Form into 4 patties. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Cook patties in pan for 5 to 6 min. per side, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
To assemble: Place patty on bun. Top with tomato and coleslaw.