Turkey Burger with Pesto Coleslaw Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 1/2 tsp. Hidden Cove Lemon Garlic Blend
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups pre-shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. Coastal Cali Fennel Pollen Rub
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 tomato, sliced
Add all Savory items to cart
This recipe is featured in Spice Club, Savory’s spice of the month club. Here are substitution suggestions for adapting the recipe to different diets:
- Vegetarian/Vegan: See our recipe for Coastal Cali Bean Burger with Pesto Coleslaw.
- Gluten-Free: Use gluten-free burger buns or serve the burgers over a bed of greens.
For coleslaw: Mix mayonnaise, cilantro, basil, Parmesan, Hidden Cove Lemon Garlic Blend, lime juice, and garlic in a food processor and blend until creamy. Toss coleslaw mix with dressing until fully coated.
For burger: In a large bowl, mix turkey, onion, cilantro, Coastal Cali Fennel Pollen Rub, and mustard until just combined. Form into 4, 4-inch patties. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Cook patties in pan for 5 to 6 min. per side, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
To assemble: Place patty on bun. Top with tomato and coleslaw.
Savory Spice test Kitchen