Recipe: Peach Chile Chicken with Black Garlic
A quick-to-prepare marinated chicken and sauce that balances chile heat and fruity sweetness.
- 1 (15 oz.) can peaches in light syrup
- 1 tsp. Ground Ancho Chiles
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Aji Amarillo Chiles
- 1/2 tsp. Ground "True" Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Smoked Spanish Sweet Paprika
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 Organic Black Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 tsp. Organic Ground Ginger
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
Combine all ingredients, except for chicken breasts, in a blender. Puree until well combined. Reserve half of puree mixture for sauce. In a food storage bag, combine chicken breasts with half of puree and shake well to coat. Marinate in refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours. Remove chicken from marinade and heat grill to medium-high heat. Cook chicken 4 to 5 min. per side, or until it reaches a 165-degree internal temperature. Warm sauce in pan to desired temperature. Spoon sauce over chicken breast and serve.