Recipe: Zesty Oyster Crackers
This is a family snack recipe sent to us by a Savory employee's mom. They’re quite addictive and a great alternative to popcorn for movie night or game day nibbles.
- 1/2 tsp. Dill Weed
- 1/4 tsp. Powdered Garlic
- Choose ONE of the following spice blend options:
- 2 Tbsp. Pyramid Peak Lemon Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Mt. Elbert All-Purpose Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Italian Dressing Blend
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 9 oz. oyster crackers
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup freeze-dried corn (optional)
- 1/2 cup pretzel pieces (optional)
Preheat oven to 275 degrees. In a large bowl, mix dill weed and garlic powder with your choice of seasoning. Stir in oil. Fold in oyster crackers and mix well to coat thoroughly. Divide between 2 ungreased baking sheets. Bake 15 to 20 min., or until crackers aren't oily and are just barely golden brown. Stir about halfway through. Remove from oven and toss with corn and pretzel pieces, if using. All to cool before serving. Store in an airtight container.