A NOTE FROM OUR FOUNDERS
Together, we’re facing unprecedented challenges amid the current COVID-19 pandemic. As a small business, we rely on the weekly visits from our smiling customers, but we also recognize the greater need in our communities around the globe.
Now, more than ever, we hope you’ll find moments of peace when gathering around the dinner table. We hope you’ll find moments of joy when preparing food with your little ones. We hope the simplicity of a home cooked meal is a quiet reprieve from the chaos outside.
Janet & Mike Johnston
Savory Spice Co-Founders
The majority of Savory Spice stores are open to the public, but store capacities and other restrictions are based on local guidelines. You can find out the status of your local store by visiting our Store Locations page.
Our stores have implemented the following new precautions to ensure the best possible safety for employees and customers:
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Customers in the store are limited based on store size, and we will be observing at least 6 feet of social distancing at all times.
- MASKS & GLOVES: Employees are wearing masks and gloves at all times. We encourage our customers to join us in wearing masks to support everyone’s safety, even if not mandated by local government guidelines.
- EXTRA SANITATION: We are cleaning all surfaces and supplies extra carefully and frequently! You will notice many of these practices in place while in the store and may be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entering.
- NO TASTERS: For the time being, we will not be able to offer any product samples or tasters.
- IN-STORE PICKUP & CURBSIDE ORDERS: We are continuing to offer curbside/in-store pickup if you prefer to order in advance by phone, email, or even online.
Our website savoryspiceshop.com remains open and we are continuing to fill all online orders.
NEW! CURBSIDE PICKUP
The majority of stores will be offering curbside pickup to prevent unnecessary social interaction while still helping you get your products swiftly. This may include stores that are temporarily closed to the public. Customers can place orders with these participating stores by contacting them directly via their local phone or email. Store pickup may also be an option during online checkout if you are located close to a participating store.
Please make note of which stores are offering local pickup and during what hours by viewing the details for each store on our Store Locations page.
Savory Spice is closely monitoring current COVID-19 developments as well as following all Center of Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommendations.
Our production, warehouse, shipping, and store team members are performing additional precautionary sanitation and social distancing procedures beyond CDC and FDA regulation. We have halted food sampling and the use of customer self-service taster jars until further notice.
NOTE: Online orders are shipping out from our warehouse a few days later than usual due to safety precautions and order volume. Please see our Holiday Shipping Update here. We appreciate your patience during this time.
All Savory Spice products sourced from around the world continue to be of the high quality you have come to expect from us. In addition to working with suppliers who stringently treat both domestic and international products fully upon facility arrival, the CDC has reported there is no evidence that supports the transmission of COVID-19 via food.
Please reach out to our corporate office directly at savoryspiceshop.com with further questions.