Gas Grill Smoker Box (V Shape)
This small smoker box is made to be used with your grill. For best results, we suggest using a marinade or rub on the meat, vegetables, or fish that you're smoking. Follow these easy directions to start smoking in your own backyard.
Beginning Instructions for both Smokers:
- Soak ¾ cup wood chips in 1½ cups water for 30 minutes.
- Strain water, place chips into a smoker box and cover with lid.
For gas grill:
- Place filled, covered triangular gas smoker box between the burners. Light grill according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Heat on high for 15 to 20 minutes. When the wood chips inside the smoker box start to smoke, the grill will be ready for cooking.
- Lower heat to preferred cooking temperature. Position items being smoked and grilled on the cooking grate, leaving the area Immediately above the smoker box open. (This is important in case any wood chips catch fire and need to be spritzed with water to prevent chips burning up too quickly.) Cover grill to keep smoke inside, and cook items to desired doneness, turning halfway.