Our Top Summer Potluck Picks295
with Ashlee Redger
Test Kitchen Chef
Ashlee Redger Desserts Dips Potluck Quick and Easy Salads Sides Summer Recipes
Labor Day is coming up fast and every year, it brings two things: the end of summer and one last cookout. This Labor Day, when you are tasked to “bring a side, salad, or dessert,” don’t even think of stepping near those plastic tubs of dip, pre-made deli salads, or packaged cookies. Instead, we’ve put together a list of our top picks for easy homemade potluck dishes guaranteed to impress. (Pictured Above: Greek Barley Salad)
- Combine beans with bacon, Granny Smiths, and the flavors of barbecue and you’ve got amazing Cinnamon Apple Baked Beans. You may want to make a double batch of these because everyone will come back for seconds.
- Break through the monotony of the side-dish table with this Grilled Confetti Slaw. It’s not only super colorful but also super flavorful with charred veggies dressed with lime, cumin, and chipotle.
- Deviled eggs may be the universal food of potlucks, but these Buffalo Fried Deviled Eggs will set the new standard. Even if you choose not to fry them, the tangy Buffalo Bleu filling is a total winner.
- BBQ Arugula Peach Salad uses warmly spiced Woody’s Sweet & Tangy Barbecue Sauce with balsamic vinegar to dress a simple mix of peppery arugula, sweet late-summer peaches, and creamy goat cheese.
- Speaking of barbecue sauce, we created a Creamy Hot Pepper Vinegar Potato Salad for a spicy kick to the classic American potato salad. It features Savory’s own small batch Hot Pepper Vinegar Barbecue Sauce.
- Our hearty Greek Barley Salad includes garbanzo beans and plenty of chopped fresh veggies, all tossed in a tangy yogurt dressing. It is so worth that last bit of free space on your plate.
- Black Garlic Dip comes together in no time and offers the perfect creamy (and unique) garlic companion to fresh veggies.
- Seven Onion Dip is the champion for potato chips. It’s a total crowd favorite that will leave people scraping the bowl for every last bite. Make it using our recipe, or check out our Seven Onion Dip Spice 'n Easy which includes all the pre-measured ingredients to make this dip.
- No matter what seasoning you have in your cabinet, you can probably put it into this Super Easy Savory Dip. The best part? It’s only three steps: combine, chill, and serve. Two of our favorites for this dip include Capitol Hill Seasoning and Red Rocks Hickory Smoke Seasoning. You’re welcome.
- Even that person who is “too full” for dessert won’t be able to resist these adorable Pecan Tarts!
- Peach Crumble Pie uses Georgia Peach Spice to create the perfect tribute to the amazingly sweet summer-harvest peaches. Just don’t forget the vanilla ice cream!
- Nothing beats a traditional chocolate Texas Sheet Cake, topped with a cocoa icing and pecans. Plus, Baking Spice adds a little extra flavor to this recipe with hints of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.