Recipe: Brussels & Black Garlic Gratin
The sweet, fig-like notes of black garlic pair perfectly with earthy Brussels sprouts baked in a light, creamy sauce. This is definitely a unique twist for a holiday side dish. It's quick to prepare, so try it as a weeknight meal alongside roast chicken or as a main dish with a big green salad on the side.
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. Salt & Pepper Tableside Seasoning
- 4 cloves Organic Black Garlic, minced, divided
- 1/2 tsp. Crushed Urfa Chiles
- 1/4 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a small baking dish and set aside. Cook the Brussels sprouts in salted boiling water for 7 to 9 min. or until they're tender. Drain and toss Brussels with Salt & Pepper Tableside; transfer to the greased baking dish. Whisk together cream, 2 cloves minced Black Garlic, Urfa, and Gruyere cheese. Pour mixture over Brussels. Mix together bread crumbs and Parmesan and evenly distribute over the Brussels and cream mixture. Scatter butter and remaining 2 cloves minced Black Garlic over bread crumbs. Bake for 25 to 35 min. until everything is heated through and bubbly. Serve right away.