Recipe: Cauliflower “Rice” Stuffed Peppers
Stuffed peppers are a classic, and this cheesy cauliflower “rice” is a great stuffing for a vegetarian alternative to the typical meat filling.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, diced
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 onion, small dice
- 1 large cauliflower head, grated
- 1 Tbsp. one of the following herb seasonings:
- Cantanzaro Herbs
- Italian Herbs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. plus 4 Tbsp. Four Cheese Tableside Sprinkle, divided
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- ½ lemon, zested
- 1/4 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 2 medium red bell peppers, sliced in half lengthwise
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set a medium skillet over medium-high heat and saute olive oil, mushrooms, and salt for 3 to 5 min., stirring occasionally. Mix in onions and continue to saute for 6 to 8 min. Stir in cauliflower and choice of Cantanzaro Herbs or Italian Herbs. Continue to cook for 12 to 14 min. Reduce heat to low; mix in garlic and saute for 3 to 5 min. Remove from heat and mix in 2 tsp. of the Four Cheese Sprinkle, parsley, lemon zest, and pepper. Cover a sheet pan with tin foil and place bell pepper halves on the pan. Fill each half of the bell peppers with cauliflower mixture and sprinkle 1 Tbsp. Four Cheese Sprinkle over the top of each filled pepper. Roast peppers for 30 to 40 min. or until the Four Cheese Sprinkle on top begins to brown.
Serve with a green side salad to make a meal out of it.