Romesco Sauce Recipe
Active Prep: 5 min
Cook: 40 min
- 3 large tomatoes, destemmed
- 1 red bell pepper, destemmed
- 1 lemon
- 1 head garlic, top cut off, exposing cloves
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tsp. Hungarian Sweet & Spicy Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt, plus more to taste
Add all Savory items to cart
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a baking sheet, lightly drizzle tomatoes, red bell pepper, lemon, and garlic with olive oil. Roast for 40 min., or until bell pepper is very soft and lightly browned. Once cool enough to handle, remove seeds and pith from bell pepper, halve lemon and scoop out flesh, and squeeze head of garlic from the bottom so the cloves come out the top without their skins. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, flesh from lemon, and garlic cloves to a blender. Add almonds, Hungarian Sweet & Spicy Paprika, and Kosher Salt. Blend until mostly smooth and add additional salt to taste.
Seve with Steak and Potato Crusted Quiche.
Mike Johnston, Savory Spice Co-Founder