- 2 large apples such as Fuji or Granny Smith, cored and chopped small
- 4 1/2 cups water, divided
- 3/4 cup Whiskey Barrel Smoked Sugar, or brown sugar
- 6 black tea bags
- 4 cups apple cider or juice
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp. Mulling Spices
- 1 tsp. Ground Ginger, or 1 inch slice fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. Juniper Berries (optional)
Add all Savory items to cart
Mulling spices and juniper berries can be placed in a muslin bag or tied up in cheesecloth.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place chopped apples, sugar, and 1/2 cup water in baking dish. Roast 30 min. until softened. Meanwhile, add 4 cups water and tea bags to large pot. Bring to a boil, turn off heat, cover, and let steep 10 min. Remove tea bags. Turn heat to medium-high and add all juices, mulling spices, ginger, and juniper berries. When apples are done, add entire roasted mixture to pot and simmer 20 min. Strain and optionally add back in apple pieces. Keep punch warm in pot on stove top or in large crock pot.
Serve in mugs with cranberries, orange slices, and/or cinnamon sticks. Brandy, madeira, or rum can also be added.THANKS TO