Three Delicious Holiday Menus...That Don't Include TurkeyWhen it comes to the perfect holiday meal, everyone has their must-haves and favorites. But we can all agree that there are a few important parts to any holiday feast. Yes, you're going to have to think about the starring entrée but, arguably more importantly, you have to have killer sides and you're going to want to think about dessert.
If you're looking for a classic holiday menu, check out our Thanksgiving Cooking Essentials. If you want something a little less traditional (no turkey, no problem), we've got you covered.
Sophisticated Holiday Supper
- Starter: Cumin Carrot Soup
- Entrée: Maple Glazed Salmon
- Sides: Spicy Orange & Watercress Salad and Sage & Roasted Squash Risotto or Cheesy Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Dessert: Mulling Spiced Panna Cotta with Caramelized Apples
- Drink: Chai Cranberry Fizz
We're skipping the appetizer for a more elevated soup course. This cozy autumn soup is a great way to set the stage for your sophisticated holiday supper. Serve your salmon with a refreshing citrusy salad and a hearty side of risotto or quinoa. Finish with a chai spiced drink and dessert combo.
- Appetizer: Charcuterie board with Mulled Cranberry Sauce, Garam Masala Spiced Cashews, and assorted cheeses and crackers
- Entrée: Mushroom Shepherd's Pie with Carrot Mash
- Sides: Capitol Hill Green Beans and Smoky Kale Salad
- Dessert: Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars or Spiced Apple Bake
- Drink: Mulled Wine or Mulled Apple Cider
This vegetarian feast is hearty, filling, cozy and comforting...everything you could possibly want from a holiday meal. (And it's easy to make non-dairy ingredient swaps if you need to go vegan.) Start with a charcuterie board that features Cranberry-Ginger Relish for a bit of holiday flair. Mushroom Shepherd's Pie is the star of the show and is topped with a carrot and potato mash. Serve with Smoky Kale Salad for a complementary crispy crunch. Finish with a twist on traditional pumpkin pie, in the form of cheesecake bars. For a vegan alternative, make Spiced Apple Bake with a vegan butter.
Dinner for One, Two, or Three
- Appetizer: Seven Onion Dip Spice ‘n Easy with chips or veggies.
- Entrée: Easiest Ever Slow Cooker “Roast” Chicken
- Sides: Cherry Almond Haricot Verts and Spiced Skillet Potatoes
- Dessert: Pumpkin Spice Bread
- Drink: Vanilla Bean Hot Toddy
Even if you aren’t feeding a crowd, you can still have awesome food! Enjoy an easy “roast” chicken seasoned with your favorite spice blend. Traditional vegetable and potato sides get a fresh (and flavorful) new spin. Finish with Pumpkin Spice Bread and save the leftover dessert for a Black Friday breakfast, with a cup of coffee, of course.