Spicy Emma’s Shortbread Cookies Recipe
Prep: 15 min.
Cook: 10 min.
- 4 oz. softened, unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp. cream or milk
- 1/2 tsp. Pure Orange Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp. Barrier Reef Caribbean Mix
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Milk Powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a standing mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add egg yolk, cream, orange extract, vanilla extract, Barrier Reef and coconut milk powder. Stir to thoroughly combine, scraping bowl if necessary. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Add to butter mixture, and stir until thoroughly combined. Dough will be loose. Stir in chocolate chips. Roll into 1-inch balls and press down on center slightly. Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 min., or until slightly browned. Let cool on baking sheet for 10 min. to let shortbread harden.